One of the first things that people tend to do when they find themselves in a disagreement with another person is to block them on all social media, Instagram included. But, once they resolve all of their problems, they usually wish to unblock them.
Unfortunately, some people currently don’t possess the necessary knowledge on how to unblock someone on Instagram.
To fix this, we have assembled today to write down this article which will contain all of the necessary pieces of information that you’ll need to unblock someone on Instagram. Stay tuned if you wish to learn how it’s done!
Unblocking On Instagram – Step By Step
For starters, we’ll dissect how to unblock someone on Instagram through an Android. It’s important to remember that the overall process of unblocking someone on Instagram is nearly identical, regardless of which device you use.
With that out of the way, let’s discuss, step by step, how to unblock someone on Instagram by using an Android:
- First things first, you’ll need to find and open your Instagram app on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have the app – search and install it through the Google Play store.
- As soon as you open the application, you’ll be presented with your main Instagram feed, given that you have logged in. From there, your focus should be shifted towards the bottom right corner of the main feed.
- Among the five icons listed, the one that will interest you the most is the main icon of your profile. A blank profile icon will be present if you don’t currently have a main icon uploaded. Once you find it – click on it.
- The second you click on it – your main Instagram profile will be shown on your smartphone. Here, on the other hand, the focus needs to be on the very top row of your Instagram profile, where you’ll find the three horizontal lines.
- They are located to the right of a square icon with a plus symbol. Click on the three horizontal lines just after you find it.
- As you do that, a pull-up menu will be presented, which holds the Settings option, among other stuff that’s related to your Instagram profile. But, for now, we’ll focus on the Settings – find it and click on it.
- The Settings section houses the following: Follow and invite friends, Notifications, Privacy, Security, Ads, Account, Help, About, Theme, and login-related options. As you have probably guessed, the Privacy option will be necessary.
- Tapping on Privacy will lead to new options. Among all of them, you’ll need to scroll down and find the Connections, which feature the following: Restricted accounts, Blocked accounts, Muted accounts, and Accounts you follow.
- Coincidentally, the Blocked accounts will be the focus from here. Tap immediately on it once you find it.
- Unlike when you try to block someone – the unblocking process is much easier. All of the accounts that you have blocked will show up in this section. Your only job is to find the blocked account that interests you and click on the Unblock feature.
- Once you do that, the Instagram app will ask you once more if you are serious about that action, listing all of the benefits that you and that person’s account will gain if you unblock them.
- If all of them are to your liking, then confirm your action by tapping once again on the Unblock, which will feature a blue font.
Organic Instagram Growth
If you wish, you can bypass the last three steps and simply tap on the account of the blocked user. If you do so, you’ll be transported to their main profile, where a new Unblock feature will be presented.
Doing things this way results in the same outcome, but you’ll still need to confirm your action once more when you click on Block.
With that out of the way, the entire process of unblocking someone through an Android has been explained.
But, what about iPhone users?
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram iPhone
Although some people might think that Android and iPhone smartphones have entirely different steps to unblock someone on Instagram – the truth of the matter is that all of the previously mentioned steps are identical for iPhone users.
So, if you are interested in unblocking someone on Instagram by using an iPhone, then just follow all of the previously mentioned steps.
iPhone users don’t have any unique features when it comes to unblocking someone on Instagram. But, other ways can be used when trying to unblock someone on Instagram, starting with:
Unblocking An Instagram Account From Their Main Profile
This method revolves around the last three steps of how to unblock someone through Android.
But, for further convenience, you won’t need to follow all of the steps mentioned before the last three. Instead, the process of unblocking an Instagram account from their main profile can be achieved this way:
- Locate your Instagram app on your device (Android and iPhone users are compatible with this method.)
- As we previously mentioned, the first thing that will pop up is your Instagram feed. But, this time, you’ll need to find and open the account of the person that you have previously blocked.
- For starters, you’ll need to find the search engine, which is featured as a Magnifying glass icon. It’s rather easy to find it, as it’s placed between the Reels and Home icons. Find it and tap on it.
- From there, you’ll be presented with suggested posts and Reel videos. The fun of browsing those should be postponed for now – focus your attention on the top of your Instagram app.
- A search bar will be located there. As soon as you click on it – a pull-down menu will be presented, which will show you all of your previously searched Instagram accounts. There, you’ll need to find the account of interest.
- If it doesn’t show up, then you’ll need to type the username of the blocked account. Don’t worry – regardless of them being currently blocked, you’ll still have the opportunity to find them through this search engine.
- Once you find them – click on their account. From this point, you’ll need to follow the steps from the previous section.
Just click on the Unblock and confirm it as soon as Instagram warns you of this action. With that in mind, we have explained how to unblock someone through their main Instagram profile.
Luckily, there’s another way to unblock someone – through Direct.
Unblocking An Instagram Account Through Direct
If the previous two methods don’t interest you, then you can test this one:
- Locate and open your Instagram app.
- The current location, the Instagram feed, will possess the Messages icon shaped as a bubble or an arrow, which is located at the top right corner.
- Clicking on the Messages icon will show you all of your conversations with other people on Instagram. Once you arrive here, you’ll need to find the chat with the person that you have blocked.
- Immediately after you find them, click on them. From there, the last few messages that you have exchanged with that person will be presented, alongside their account name, which you’ll need to tap.
- Tapping on their account name will present you with their main profile. From there, you’ll just need to follow the standard procedure of clicking on the Unblock and later confirming the action.
Please remember that unblocking someone on Instagram through Direct messages is only possible if you have shared messages with that person. If not, then you’ll need to use any of the previously discussed options listed above this method.
Lastly, people have been asking us two more questions regarding the topic at hand – we’ll address them immediately:
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram That Blocked You
Some of you have wondered whether it’s possible to unblock someone on Instagram that blocked you. We’re happy to inform you that this option is possible, as long as you follow the first method listed in this article.
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram Computer
Luckily, this method is possible as well. If you wish to unblock someone on Instagram by using a computer, then we highly recommend that you use the search engine and find their username. It’s easy and fast, and it will provide a successful result.
Organic Instagram Growth
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram – Conclusion
If you have reached this point of the article, then we strongly believe that you have learned how to unblock someone on Instagram. For further convenience, we will point out the key elements of this topic:
- The procedure to unblock someone on Instagram is virtually identical for both Android and iPhone users.
- The most frequently used method of unblocking someone on Instagram is through the Blocked accounts. Others include the Direct method and searching their main profile in the search engine.
- You can unblock someone even if they have blocked you!
We wish you the best of luck when unblocking someone, and we will see you in the next article!